Saturday, 7 May 2011

Hi Bloggy noggers ...


This is my first attempt at a blog, and I intend to use it in a variety of ways. Obviously, it is a means of promotion for my books 'The Time Hunters', 'Bernard and the Bibble' and 'The Night They Nicked Saint Nick' but I hope it's more than that, for me, my readers and for fellow writers. I shall also use it to keep readers informed about my progress on 'The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity' (the first draft of chapter one is available on this blog),  the second book in 'The Time Hunters' saga.

I really can't believe the universally positive response to 'The Time Hunters.' Not only have sales been more than I could have hoped (particularly for a children's book) but the reviews have been staggering. As of today, Saturday 7th May 2011, it has had 37 out of 41 five star reviews on Amazon.co.uk  for a 4.9 out of 5.00 reader average. I'm just overwhelmed by this, and I thank everyone who has taken the time to add a review. I've had emails from teachers across the world ( well, America, Australia, Denmark and New Zealand to name a few) saying how much they and their pupils have enjoyed the book.

I also wish to use the blog to help promote other indie writers, particularly of children's fiction. With very few exceptions, they're a smashing bunch and work really hard to get noticed. If I can help them, I will.

Finally, I intend to use the blog to throw in a few things about me and mine. After all, I'm a proud forty something dad to the most stunning daughter, Alice, and a lecturer at a college in Stoke on Trent, surely the most staggeringly beautiful city in the world :)

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Cheers for popping by,
Carl
x

Oh, and thanks to Lisa for designing this whole bloggy thing. Frankly, it was far too technical for me to get my tiny brain around.

NB: Just for a bit of fun, I shall be dropping clues/puzzles as to what happens in 'The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity' all over the blog. So keep your eyes peeled...

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Carl

    Lovely blog. I like it a lot. I'm sure you'll get a lot of visitors and followers soon.

    Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stella. You are very kind :)I'll add your blog to my recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl, great blog! As the old Chinese saying goes, "A good start is half done!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... really groovy bloggy Carly !!!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One other thing, Carl. I just downvoted two negative tags on your UK book. Indies got to stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thanks, Jason. I'll tag your books as a big Ta.

    ReplyDelete