Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Two more five star reviews today for 'The Time Hunters'

I am delighted to announce that 'The Time Hunters' has received another two five star reviews in the last twenty four hours.

HERE'S THE FIRST::


Want a fun, fast paced, engaging story with unique locations & great characters? Then this is a book you should definitely check out. I'm not in it's target audience (40's); but I found it a terrific read regardless.

Ashmore takes the time-travel concept & puts a unique spin on it. He certainly steps "out of the box" in the places the reader is taken to. It's not the same old, same old. I won't give a plot summary; but just state the characters are ones the reader quickly warms to because of their genuine realism & believability. The story is tight & well written. There's action, adventure, humor & a little 'growing up' for the younger characters, particularly Becky. I was never exposed to Mythology in Elementary or Junior High School & this is a terrific way to spur the kids' interest.

I think this could be the start of a terrific series. It would be fascinating to watch & see the characters age & mature (like in the Harry Potter books). What a fantastic opportunity to follow where & how their adventures would change in tone & scope. Great book. You can't go wrong here.


AND THE SECOND:

Got this for Christmas for my eight-year-old niece and she loved it. I had to explain a few things to her since she's probably not quite the target audience, but even with that she had a great deal of fun. It was a lovely story with interesting characters and I'd buy the next book in the series.

Thanks to JScott and Charming Cross. You are both enormously kind :)

Cheers,
Carl
x

No comments:

Post a Comment